Thursday, October 4, 2012

Music: What I'm digging right this second

Raise your hand if the radio gets on your nerves (every single person's hand in the air).

The commercials, the djs, the Katy Perry on EVERY station EVERY minute of the day. Maybe Amanda Bynes got in so many car wrecks because every time a Katy Perry song came on she had a (legit) mental breakdown.

When I lived in Portland, (how do I always bring it back to this?) there were two killer radio station that delivered sweet tunes any time mainstream music made my ears bleed. I never thought I'd find a similar radio station in Sac, but a couple years ago, I happened upon 94.7, which classifies itself as alternative, which basically means they would rather die than play Usher, Carrie Underwood or Justin Bieber... NOT that I'm dissing JB, but sometimes, a girl needs a break from a 9 yr old with a perfectly quaffed do.

I love this station- no djs, and although they have commercials, they mix in 60 second commercial breaks with the regular sized ones.

I'm currently digging a bunch of songs that I discovered on 94.7, so I thought I'd share two of them with you.

Take a listen AND let me know what you think AND AND, feel free to add comments with what you're currently rocking out to.

Muse: Madness

Mumford and Sons: I Will Wait

No comments:

Post a Comment