Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Monday: Dance

Dance like nobody's watching, or while everybody is watching...

This video of the dancing 2 yr old proves how great kids are. Do you remember what it was like to be so so sure that whatever you were doing was the right thing to do?

My mom tells a story of me as a little 3 year old, dining with my fam, at a Mexican restaurant, in Chico, CA. The restaurant had a musician and I decided to ask the guy if he knew the song "Kokomo" (Bermuda, Bahama, coooome on, pretty mama...) He told me he didn't. Of course, he actually did, but at 3, I had not yet mastered lies, sarcasm, and all those other adult games.
So, when he asked if I would sing it for him, I happily obliged. I believe I sang and danced while he "magically" played, the song he had never heard, on his guitar.
Point being- how great is it to be a kid?! I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, eeevveeeer get up in a restaurant now and sing a song- even if it was "Happy Birthday".
But, maybe some time this week, take a moment and be a kid again- act silly, be confident, strut your stuff, and own it.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment