Sunday, August 5, 2012

Be careful where you put that.

The weekend is almost over and I can't even be too sad about it because of how much relaxing I did. I was basically the queen of relaxing. I don't think I've slept this much since the days of college and, "I have studying to do, but napping sounds better!" And "class is in 25 minutes? I guess that means I have time for a 23 minute nap."

In between all the sleeping I did, some grad school friends and I went here for lunch. Seriously yum. I had a salad that sat atop a deliciously chewy, crunchy, heavenly pizza crust. Sounds like a pretty smart salad; If I was a salad, I would want to cuddle with a pizza crust.

I also managed to find time to finally try out some free samples I scored from Sephora last week. I scored this and this and this. All of which were delightful. Especially when you apply them to their intended areas.

I can follow directions, I swear. Yet somehow, I managed to land myself in a Sephora sample mishap. I blame my over excitement for (FREE!) products and the Olympics, for constantly being on tv and distracting me from common sense.

In any case, I took my "Kate Somerville exfoliator sample" into the shower, let the warm water run all of me, which sent me into a bliss that can only be achieved when your shower has no limit because you have nothing of consequence waiting for you once you emerge from said euphoria.

I opened the little pot of "exfoliator" and felt imediately suprised by it's smooth, clay like texture. It also seemed remarkabley similar to peanut butter. (This is the part in a movie when the audience is yelling, "WHAT are you doing?! Go back down the stairs!")
I didn't have any stairs to climb back down so settled on, "Hmmm, this must not be an exfoliator like the annoying make-up artist said. A face mask perhaps?" I dug my index finger into the sample and did not think twice about the ample amount of "clay" I put on my face. I rubbed it in gently, like I was giving myself a facial. "Weird. The water makes it all hard and thick. Maybe it needs to sit on my face for a minute?" 15 seconds later..."this is kinda burning my face, definitely cannot rub this off...why is this not coming off?! Why is there expensive face glue on my skin?!"
I hurridley screamed for the bf to "help, can you come here for a sec?!" To which he promptly put down his Pokemon game (that is something I shall save for another post) and quickly retrieved my normal/trustworthy exfoliator, which worked like sandpaper on my tortured face. My relaxing shower had turned stressful, so I quickly got out, anxious to investigate what I'd rubbed into my already sensitive skin.

As I read the little baggie and saw, Eye shadow primer, I wondered how realistic it was that I got it all off my face when it's only job is to outlast water, sweat, tears and idiots who apply it all over their faces like war paint.

I decided not to wear any make up that day, I think my face was grateful. I wore some today. It sure lasted all day long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment