Friday, July 20, 2012

Ballerinas and Kardashians

I have a confession to make.
I've never wanted to be a ballerina. But the bun, oh the bun.

I have another confession to make.
I don't want to be Kim Kardashian.


I don't need her ass (who really needs a body part that needs a separate seat on an airplane?) I definitely don't want any of her husbands, and I could go through my whole life without soliciting enough haters to end up with a pound of flour thrown at me.

But the bun, oh the bun!
 
The girl has style, which probably has nothing to do with her and everything to do with the people who are forced to work on her all the time.
Nevertheless, I pathetically researched "Kim Kardashian high bun"/ "Kim Kardashian chic bun" "Kim Kardashian DIY bun" "Kim Kardashian bun in the oven".
After watching a couple youtube videos, I found one that made the look super easy. Now I do it all the time and people on facebook seem to think I have magic hair.

Watch the vid, and read my tips below:
You really need to have...
1. long hair/extensions
2. A soft bristle hair brush
3. Hair spray/flyaway spray
4. BOBBYPINS!!!!
5. A hair tie
6. an old sock (a clean ome)

That last one may seem weird, but that's how you get the look, once you put your hair in a high ponytail, take an old sock, cut out the toe area, and roll it into it self, and place the new invention on your hair tie. That's when take your hair and bobby pin it around the socky thing. This is all explained way better in the video, but it really works. That sock do-dad really gives your bun the volume that you in no way get when you just wrap your hair around itself, curse repeatedly because your arms are tired, and end up hating every celebrity who can do a bun, thinking that they must have the world's thickest hair (they don't).
They just have fab stylists with tricks up their sleeves, and now you do, too!

It takes a little practice and sometimes it comes out better or worse and then I get frustrated and the bf says something like, "your hair always looks great" and I say "ugggh" and try again and remind myself that there are more important things in life than looking like a Kardashian.


1 comment:

  1. ooooooh I love this so much!! Yay for your style and funny confessions and really, your awesomely supportive boyfriend. But really, it is UGH - bc I really want that bun (I also want the ballerina part, but thats a whole other conversation, ha) - so thanks!! I am def going to try this.

    ps: I also saw a "bun creator" type puffy pony donut thing-ama-bob at urban outfitters. but we are too crafty for that! puhl-lease!

    ReplyDelete